A solid beeswax bar rendered from our Rehoboth Beeswax. The bar is approx* 35g (*handmade so there may be slight changes)
Beeswax has so many uses. You can melt this down and re-coat your beeswax wraps making your wraps last even longer. It being beeswax it has natural antibacterial properties.
To re-coat your wax sheet:
- Melt the wax bar over a double boiler (bowl over a hot pan of water)
- Pre-heat your oven to 100 degrees
- To help with spread of the wax, you can add Jojoba oil if you have some add a few drops to the melted wax.
- Put your wrap on a piece of greaseproof paper that's bigger than your wrap.
- Use a clean paintbrush (one that you don't need to use again) paint your wrap with a thin layer of wax.
- Pop the greaseproof paper and wrap into the oven for 3 minutes.
- One final brush of the melted wax from the oven to remove any excess wax.
- Hang up to dry for a couple of minutes.
Remember to only wash in cool water.